You can reach Iasi:
- By plane: the closest airport is Iasi International Airport, located about 15 km from the hotels and university campus. The airport is operated by:
- TAROM, please consult timetable of TAROM at http://www.tarom.ro.
- AUSTRIAN AIRLINES, please consult http://www.aua.com
- BLUE AIR, please consult http://www.blueairweb.com/
- WIZZAIR, please consult https://wizzair.com/
- AIR BUCHAREST, please consult http://www.airbucharest.ro/
- AEGEAN AIRLINES, please consult http://en.aegeanair.com/
From the Iasi Airport, downtown hotels and the conference location can be reached within 30 minutes by car. A taxi ride costs around 30 RON (7 €):
- By train: please consult http://www.infofer.ro/.
- By car: plan your trip using ViaMichelin.
About the city
Information about the host city of Iasi are available at http://www.turism-iasi.ro.
Universities in Iasi: the University “Al.I. Cuza” (the oldest university in Romania, founded in 1860), the “Gh. Asachi” Technical University, the “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, the “Ion Ionescu de la Brad Agronomical University, the Academy of Art, the Catholic Theological Institute.
Iasi is the most important historical, economic, and cultural center in Northeast Romania. The archaeological researches have discovered in this area traces of the ancient Culture of Cucuteni, flourishing about 5000 years ago.
Iasi City is documentary certified from the 14th century during the reign of Alexandru cel Bun. The name of Iasi City is bound up with the so-called “golden period” of the Romanian culture. At the beginning of the 19th century, here was established the first high education school in Romanian. In 1860 Al.I.Cuza founded, in Iasi, the first university within Romania.
Many Romanian personalities lived, studied, worked and created in Iasi.
The city is well known as a major cultural city.