Education and Academic Positions
- She graduated in Mathematics ( Research Section) at "Al.I.Cuza" University, Iasi, Romania, in 1993, with merit diploma.
- Since 1994 she has taught at Faculty of Mathematics, "Al.I.Cuza" University.
- Her actual position in this university is that one of professor.
- She has obtained several research grants in Italy, given by the Italian Council of Research.
- In November 1998 she obtained her Ph.D. at "Babes Bolyai" University, Cluj Napoca, Romania, with the thesis: "Contribution of the study of a hypergroup heart structure" (supervisor Prof. Dr. Ioan Purdea).
- She is a Ph.D. coordinator in Algebra.
- URL: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-5844-2011
Awards: Grigore Moisil Prize of the Romanian Academy, 2011
She is Vice-Chief of
- Italian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Forum Editrice, Udine, ITALY;
Associate Editor of
- Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, IOS Press
- European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, TURKEY
- Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences & Cryptography, Taru Publications, Taylor & Francis
and a Member of the following Editorial Boards:
- Advances in Fuzzy Mathematics (AFM), Research India Publications, Delhi-110085 INDIA
- Fuzzy Sets, Rough Sets and Multivalued Operations, International Sciences Press, INDIA
- Journal of Computer Science and Computational Mathematics, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
She obtained the following grants by contest:
- Manager of the project OPEN PROBLEMS IN ALGEBRAIC HYPERSTRUCTURE THEORY AND APPLICATIONS, PN-II-ID-WE-2011-002 (September 24-26, 2011)
Unitatea Executiva pentru Financarea Invatamantului Superior Superior a
Cercetarii Dezvoltarii si Inovarii - UEFISCDI
Program: IDEI; Tip proiect: Workshop-uri Exploratorii
- Member of the grant: "Modelli Decisionali per le Scienze Sociali", 2010/2011, coordinator Antonio Maturo, Italy.
- Coordinator of GAR 2007 /2008 (Grant of Romanian Academy) : Hipergrupuri si grupuri abeliene. Aplicatii, n.88;
- Member in the PRIN 2005/2006 grant : Geometric Structures, combinatorics and its applications, Italia, coordinator Prof. Guglielmo Lunardon;
- Grants of Visiting Professor in Italy, obtained by contest, from Istituto nazionale di Alta Matematica Francesco Severi, Gruppo Nazionale per le strutture algebriche e geometriche e loro applicazioni, Firenze, Italy: 1999 (three months); 2000 (three months); 2002 (three months); 2003 (two months); 2004 (one month); 2009 (2 weeks);
- Grants of Visiting Junior in Italy, obtained by contest, from Istituto nazionale di Alta Matematica Francesco Severi, Gruppo Nazionale per le strutture algebriche e geometriche e loro applicazioni, Firenze, Italy: 1997 (three months)
- Grant of research for Foreign Mathematicians in Italy, obtained by contest, from Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Roma, Italy: 1994 (six months) announcement (bando) no. 211.01.28 del 31/7/93;
- Grant obtained by contest, from NATO - C.N.R. Guest Fellowships Programme 1995 (four months), announcement (bando) no. 217.28/1;
- Since 1996, she is a member of the Research Unity of Udine University , part of the Research Italian National Group - Strutture Geometriche, Combinatoria e loro Applicazioni, on the following theme: Iperstrutture e applicazioni - in particolare Ipergruppi, join spaces, Ipergruppi di Wall e loro applicazioni a Combinatoria, Grafi e Ipergrafi, Fuzzy Sets e Rough Sets, Relazioni binarie;
- Research visits, covered by the NSERC Canada research grant: Clones and relations (coordinator Prof. dr. I.G. Rosenberg), 2003 (one month), 2006 (one month);
She gave lectures in the following countries:
- Iasi -5th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, June, 1993 International Algebra Conference, October, 1998 Symposium on Mathematics applied in Biology & Biophysics, May 2003, 2004, 2005; "Al.I.Cuza" University Days, October 1994, 1996, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, "Alexandru Myller" Mathematical Seminar Centennial Conference, June 2010
- Cluj Napoca - Presentation of Ph.D. Thesis, November 1998
- Timisoara - Symposium of Mathematics and its Applications, November 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001
- Ef. Nord - Algebra Workshop: Grobner Bases and Applications, September 1999
- Bistrita - VII th Conference of Roumanian Society of Mathematical Science, May 2003
- Udine - Visiting Prof. at Udine University: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2009
- Palermo - Combinatorics (G.N.S.A.G.A. of C.N.R.), June 1998
- Pescara - Hyperstructures and their applications in Criptography, Geometry and Probability, September-October, 1995
- Pescara - Fuzzy sets, multivalued operations and applications to social sciences, November 2007
- Pescara - 10th Conference on Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, October 2011
- Chieti - Fuzzy Sets, Multivalued Operations and Applications to Social sciences, September 2015 (Invited Speaker)
- Messina - Invited Professor at Messina University, May 1995
- Taormina - 7th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, June, 1999
- Siena - Convegno di Algebra e Informatica Teorica, PU.M.A., June 2001; Convegno di Algebra ed Altra Matematica, in onore di Jeno Szep, February 2005
- Pugnochiuso - Funzioni speciali e applicazioni, July,1998
- Budapest - Pannonian Applied Mathematics Meeting, January 1997
- Malaga - Invited Prof. at University of Malaga, April 2012
- Prague 6th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, September 1996
- Brno 10th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, September 2008 (Invited Speaker)
- Montreal - Invited Prof. at Universite' de Montreal, October 2000, Visiting Prof. at Montreal University, October 2003, May 2006
- Patras - 4th Panhellenic Conference on Algebra and Number Theory, May-June 2002
- Samothraki - 8th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, September, 2002 (Invited Speaker)
- Xanthi - 12th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, September, 2014 (Invited Speaker)
- Bangkok - Invited Prof at Chulalongkorn University, October 2001, May 2004, September 2007, May 2009, July 2011
- Chiang Mai: Invited Prof at Chiang Mai University, Department of Math, Faculty of Science, May, 2004.
- Bangkok - International Conference on Algebra and Related Topics, May 2008
- Hong Kong - ICM Satellite Conference in Algebra and Related Topics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, August, 2002
- Kunming-Invited Prof. at Yunnan University and Yunnan Universities of Nationalities, May 2004, July 2005, May 2008
- Chongqing - International Conference in Discrete Mathematics with application to Information Science and Related topics, October 2004; Invited Prof. at Southwest University of Chongqing, July 2010
- Babolsar - 9th Congress of Algebraic Hyperstructures and Applications, September, 2005 (Invited Speaker)
- Yazd - 36th Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference, September 2005 (Invited Speaker)
- Istanbul, Yildiz Teknic University, April, 2013
Member of the following Ph.D. juries:
- Carmen Angheluta, Noi rezultate in Teoria Hipergrupurilor, Universitatea Bucuresti, 2011 (supervisor Acad. Prof. dr. Constantin Nastasescu);
- Carolina Contiu, Contributii la studiul laticii subgrupurilor unui grup, Universitatea Babes-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca, 2011 (supervisor: Prof. dr. Grigore Calugareanu);
- Magnifo Kahou Florence Laure, Proprietes algebriques d'une algebre de convolution, Universite' de Montreal, Canada, 2009 (directeur de recherche: Prof. dr. Ivo Rosenberg);
- Irina Elena Cristea, Contributions to the study of the connections between algebraic hyperstructures and fuzzy sets, Ovidius University, Constanta, 2007 (supervisor: Prof. dr. Mirela Stefanescu).
Extern member of Al al-Bayt University (Jordan) (since Sept. 2011).
She is a member of GLAU (Grupul de Logica si Algebra Universala).